See what I talk? Diff opinions about how they look, diff stages about what does look right or weird! LOL. SO AT THE END, your apreciation and what you expect is what decide if looks good or bad!

True last post are about wider track tires on smaller rim width, and not oposite like OP asked, but what it looked fine to one person can look bad to another.

Last two posts show about same relation tire size against rim width used, and both got opposite opinions

275 over 10 rims... looked weird opinion

255 over 9 rims... looked ok opinion

LOL

The fact is, maths says 255 with fit allmost squared to the rim, with some rounded side taking to inside of course.

The walls bubble will fill the space between tire bed on rim amd rim edge.

I wouldn't try 235 on 10", but definitelly will be fine on 8". 235 tires threaded surface takes to 9.25". I'm not meaning won't work, just I wouldn't do it.

IMHO Wider tire than the rim is better than smaller. Maybe 1" to 3" wider. Taking that, even 255/70 will look better on 8" than 235/75

Side walls height will affect too of course. The higher the side wall, the wider tire will fit better because will take better the width difference between tire thread and rim

Last edited by NachoRT74; 08/17/17 11:39 AM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela