Hey everyone I have a 1992 Dodge Dakota with a 5.2 Magnum and a od auto tranny. The tranny does not always shift into od and when its not in od it backfires out the exhaust when u let off the gas when your driving it. Only backfires when not in od and when u let off the gas when your driving. Now when it does go into od it runs fine no backfiring out the exhaust what so ever. Does any one know what could be causing it not to go into od- and the backfiring out the exhaust? I did put new plugs and wires and cap and rotor on it. Didn't help. Only other issue is its hard to start- just cranks longer than it should I think. Im thinking that could be the fuel pump? Im going to replace that here shortly cause my gas gauge doesn't work. Its stuck between empty and 1/4 tank never moves.Would like to get this backfiring and od issu fixed .......... The exhaust is in rough shape has a hole in it. Im thinking about having a true dual exhaust system put on it with a x pipe or h pipe and a new O2 sensor. I dont have to run a cat cause its 25 years old. What size should I run? And what would b a good pair of mufflers to run? Want it to sound good especially at wot. I heard I may loose backpressure not running a cat??? Also what would be some other good performance mods? I plan on going to a 180 thermostat and 3923 plugs and a Mopar Performance Computer and a different throttle body. Plan on just keeping the magnum manifolds for the exhaust no headers.Plan on doing mods as budget allows..... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.