Originally Posted By madscientist
Can you post a picture of the sweep pattern. The width is what's important. It's more important than having the pattern centered.

I tried to get some clear pictures of the rockers with the valve closed, open half way and all the way; but they did not come out well. I'll try again this weekend.

I also tried to set-up my dial indicator to measure the actual valve travel, but my set-up kept moving and messing up my readings. I'll see if my friend Roger a.k.a. Sxrxrnr, will bring his dial indicator set-up over this weekend to measure it accurately.

The cam specs for the new solid roller selected by Dwayne for my application are on this link at Comp Cams.

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=743&sb=2

I like running stock valve covers, and it looks as if I will still be able to with a bit more massaging of the internal baffles. I still get a kick out of telling people at car shows its basically all stock with headers, and then watch their faces when I fire it up with the electric cutouts open.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)