Quote:

Rod stuff is pricy due to a one time sale. Try looking at race car stuff; it's usually cheaper for the same or better quality, since they sell multiple times. Is there a roundy round track nearby? Talk to the racers.
Tanks are either custom fit or generic. The custom stuff is pricy. If there is a race fab shop, see what they would charge to build one. Many times, it will be the same as the net one for your application.
Wiring is usually get what you pay for.
There are name seats for rods, but again, it's a one time sale. When you have the steering pretty much sorted, jam stuff in there until you are comfortable, then measure. As mentioned, a Dakota might be a good source. Since I'm tall, I usually end up looking though the top third of the windshield, and like to be as far back as practical. My eyes usually end up even or a few inches ahead of the B pillar. If you are behind the B pillar, you have blind spots. On the older stuff, this may happen. Try to compromise the best vision and comfort so it's to your liking, and anyone who will also drive the car. If you usually sit at 3 clicks up from all the way back, set it up that way. If you end up selling the car, you want it to fit more than yourself. Of course, if you are 5'5" and building a chopped Model A, build it to fit you since there is no way to fit anyone over 5'10".

While you are talking to the race fab shop, get a feeling for the other stuff they may have that can be incorporated. Circle track stuff has to be reasonable, last, and be safe. Not a bad combo for a rod.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the gas tank on my 40 and I bet on your 38 are offset to the driver's side. The neck goes up to the fender, and the exhaust is only on the passenger side. If you plan on dual exhaust, you will have to make changes.

The fender side is fine as I actually prefer making a custom filler opening i the fender, ect. I am still learning the metal fab and like doing some oddball things or tank door, ect.

Dave