This is my first build and experience with something like this so it feels like trial and error at this point. Excuse my ignorance. I bought the car from some people that had deaths in the family. The motor was in pieces and components to put things back were not all complete.. It had the radiator and the shogun manifold and that was all for the cooling system. It has big valve ported 906 iron heads on it. I bumped the timing up to 35 for the cam break in from reading others advice on here. Plugs look good to me tan/gray straps and electrodes with white/ light gray porcelain. My reasoning on the 5/8 hose was the shogun manifold and fittings etc. is only so big so flow would be restricted there anyway. 5/8 is internal diameter of the hose I used..

Hemi Joel I think you are right on with the low flow problem. Think I will try larger lines and pump see if that nets anything. Is there any reason I would need to restrict or keep the welded in restrictors in that shogun manifold? Is there a pump yall would recommend? I seen some around hear using one from Harbor Freight with good success..