Hi guys! Well, I joined to add to this that I am the guy who started the very long post on the A body forum. I am the first person to ever buy, install, and run the BPE heads on the dyno.

So to clarify things, the BPE heads were run with EXACTLY the same combo as the Hughes Eddy's(560 HP@ 6600(I believe), 439 ft/lb @ 4000).
The only change was the rockers were verified as ALL having a true 1.6 ratio.

I thought this Edelbrock/Hughes combo had a poor low end and honestly felt the HP should have been better.

Hence the chance on BPE heads.
They did look really nice. The intake port opening seemed really big, to me. Had to open up my Super Victor quite a bit more than with the Eddy's.

BPE heads bolted on and to the dyno. First thing we did after warm up was to adjust valves to .020/.022 per Tim at Bullet.

After much trial and this and that the Bloomer heads made only 534 HP at 6300 and torque was pathetic at 391 at 4000 RPM. This was our best pull.

I spoke to Rod who seemed as devastated as me and eventually he had me ship them directly to Brett Miller. He said he would send me a refund along with shipping. Brett got the heads Tuesday. I have heard nothing and got no check yet, but I believe Rod was sincere. He has stopped his head program until they can figure out what the heck is wrong.

I blame myself for being the guinea pig AND I sorta blame Rod for selling an untested product. A very expensive one at that.

My dyno guy has his thoughts as to the problem, but I'm sure they will figure it out.

Rod has been nothing more than sincere and said from the start he will make it right.

I have no check in my hand. Yet.

So right now I have a real nice bottom end, sitting with no idea where or who I can get a pair of heads from.