Originally Posted By D-50
All these post about 727 issues make me think I need to upgrade some of my parts. I am running a stock 727 with the only aftermarket part being a reverse manual valve body. I have a transmission blanket I got from Al I guess I need to put on it.

Mine is very stock also. I worked at a Dodge dealer for 24 years and did trans work along with other work so I have a few parts saved over the years. I used all the stock Mopar clutches and steels and seals. I did put a bolt in sprag in and use the Turbo Action reverse manual valve body. Course I dont race much as I have only been going once a year as I believe you race alot more then me and your truck is alot lighter then my car. I do have a blanket on my trans but I want to update the front drum and put the carbon fiber shield on in the near future. And I also run a 9.5 Dynamic converter. If you have the stock drum still in it I would want to at least get that blanket on it. I have never blown a trans or even seen anyone at my local tracks blow one but we hear about it enough that made me want to at least get the blanket on it for some kind of protection just in case. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 05/07/17 02:12 AM.