Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
I've never put one in a truck, but on my cuda I had to do some surgery on it to make it fit. There is a hump that runs across the shield at the very rear of it...probably 1/2" high, 1" wide, and atleast 4" long. I had to cut out this section b/c it was up against the floor and wouldn't let the trans go high enough up in the car to get the crossmember on.

See it in the picture on top of the shield b/t the edge of the belt and rear edge of the shield itself.

You have to cut off the mount lugs on the side of the bellhousing for the stock shifter linkage too.

edit...no tech inspection at tracks here, but even when I have had it teched, no one checked it.

I didn't use the little aluminum bracket for the belt either...wouldn't clear my headers if I recall correctly.

i'm surprised you had fitment problems as i used one on my 71 cuda & it fitted easy, not touching the tunnel at all. When i put it on my A body it was tight, but still managed to get it on without hacking it up, only having to hammer the firewall/tunnel pinchweld flat to make it fit.