Just a note, I've done wiring on cars for several years. I was a Chrysler tech in 85-87. Then I rewired the complete engine harness from an 85 Chrysler 5th Ave that had an engine fire. The entire engine harness was burned, and I did it from scratch.
I've also transferred the wiring from a 90 Dakota into my 48 Plymouth coupe, but those wiring harnesses are pretty simple compared to the late 90s harnesses.

I studied the 97 Dodge truck harness and the 97 Ram Factory Service Manual wiring diagrams for months before I gave up and bought the Hot Wire harness. My concern then was that if I missed something and the motor wouldn't run, I would have nothing to fall back on to trouble shoot it.

The Hot Wire harness is complete ( we used our own computer), it comes with a fuse block, relays, correct wire lengths nicely wrapped with the correct ends that plug into the sensors and other watertight connectors.

You drill a 2 3/8" hole in the firewall, insert the under hood part of the harness through the hole, lay it across the motor as per simple instructions, and connect the connectors. Inside the car, you mount the computer (engine control computer), the relays, connect a pink ignition hot wire, a red battery hot wire, the yellow starter relay wire, a fuel pump power wire to the fuel pump fuse, and its ready to go. The harness also provides the following optional wires in the harness: a speedo wire to connect to an electronic speedo, an oil pressure sending unit wire, a temp sending unit wire, a power wire for cruise control, power wire to go to an AC compressor, the brake light sending unit plug and a lead for the brake light power, and a lead for the horn relay, and maybe a couple more optional wires that I'm nor remembering right now. We went from nothing to a complete running motor in about 4 hours (mounting stuff took longer then plugging the stuff in).
I am not connected to Hot Wire at all, but I can tell you that harness works, and the tech support is great! We had an issue with our car, it was something I messed up, but the tech guy at Hot Wire walked me through fixing my mess up! If I would have built my own harness, I would have been screwed! Imagine having a no start on a harness I built myself because of a problem not even related to the EFI harness! I promise the first thing you think of is the EFI harness is messed up someplace. It sure was nice to have someone to call that knew how many volts were suppose to be where. Gene