We did a 97 360 & trans into a 57 Dodge wagon, (and right now we are installing a 5.7 Hemi into that same wagon). A lot will depend on the condition of the 41 Chrysler. If the Chrysler still has original steering and brakes, you might consider an upgrade. The 41 Chrysler stuff was ahead of its time in 1941, not so much these days. The 318 will be 2x or 3x the original power of the Chrysler. Adding that much power will make marginal brakes even worse.

1) A wiring harness & computer, if you have the ability to modify the harness yourself, the original harness can be modified. We bought a harness from www.hotwireauto.com, not cheap, but it works out of the box, hook up 4 wires and it runs. They have a great tech assistance if you need it as well.

2) Unless the 41 Chrysler is a truck, you may need a car oil pan and pickup tube. The truck pan might not clear the steering linkage.

3) A compatible electric fuel pump, and possible fuel lines. The pump from the truck would work, if it fits into the tank (I suspect it won't), and the truck tank probably won't fit in the 41 Chrysler.

4) Exhaust.

5) The original rear end probably won't be up to the task, at the very least, you will have to rig up an E brake, and modify the drive shaft. If the car hasn't been upgraded to disc brakes & a rack & pinion, this would be a great time to do that as well.

6) Radiator.

7) Motor & tans mounts (and possibly a trans crossmember).

That's all I have off the top of my head. If you have room, I would hang onto the Ram until the Chrysler is up and running. It will be a life saver for all the little stuff that kills budgets. Gene