After running orange and chrome boxes with various coils for decades, I decided to try this weird Ford TFI coil+HEI module+MP distributor setup on my mule 440 in the C body (474 purple shaft, performer, 3310, hp manifolds).

The mule 440 is a re-ring, cheap std bore thing...I haven't driven it 50 miles on the new rings... I usually use old spark plugs for break in....true to form, The spark plugs in it are nasty old ones from circa 1999.

Prior ignition was a chrome box with a blaster 2, which I know is not an optimum combo, but long lived for sure. I've put alot of miles on it with other engines, and even in one other car (my beloved 78 fury sport suburban, may she RIP).

I kind of sloppily threw it together last night, and fired it up this morning.

First impressions:
It seems to work surprisingly great...fires up quicker than the other ignition, and throttle response seems better. It almost acts torquier if that is even a word.

I'm going to test drive it tonight and if I like it, new plugs with a slightly wider gap, and prettier looking wiring instead of the rats nest of tie wraps I've got currently.

Just wondered if anyone else here has given it a shot, what your impressions are, etc etc........

Last edited by ZIPPY; 04/12/17 02:35 PM. Reason: Because I am an idiot

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri