Bob. I've never had an issue or concern with the LSD as long as it was working. When the cone style was giving up during an evo school, I noticed because I was having an acceleration problem to the pivot cone. No one said anything 'til I asked because they thought cars like ours naturally spin tires. :LOL: I said "sure, two or one?" But it was hard for observers to see. There was only a single rubber mark laid down so that was the answer

When I got a replacement, went to the clutch style for the same price as the cone type. However, I did not like how tight he set it, either on the street or for autocross. It changed the balance especially cold/wet looser than I liked. One of these days I'm going to set it back.

OTH heck I rememeber guys showing up with Brit/euro sports cars with welded up rears 'cause LSD weren't available for them. Good ol days. smile

You'll need to decide how tight based on power level and tires as well as if you plan any street use. My guess is your power level and tires and going to put more load on everything than mine and other 'CP light' and ESP cars. Talk to Sandbergs and other people with national level CP cars - see what they've found over the years. Some of the new locking units mentioned are really nice design. Whether they will actually perform better than your clutch unit for your build harder to say. Another person to ask would be Sam Strano.