How's it going folks. I am new to the website and learning about mopars basically. Well I scored big and found the mopar I've always wanted. I found a 1971 roadrunner that was taken off the road in 77'. This RM23 roadrunner is origionally a california car and I talked the guy down from 10k to 7.5k . Has numbers matching 383 4 speed and the car is origional to the point of having the factory exhaust . What I'm trying to figure out is the differences and specs between a regular 383 and the "N" code HP 383. Mine just so happens to be the "N" code. Another question I have is how often did 71' roadrunners that had the 383 4 speed come with AC? This car has the AC as well. Finally, this car has what I believed is called a Dictephone (cassette recorder) and had the black bikini vinyl top, origional color curious yellow. Are these options rare on roadrunners?
There's just a lot of things on this car that shows that it was special ordered and not part of a bulk order made by the dealerships. Case and point, its a 4 speed with the bucket seats, console, etc. but has AC and has a Clock instead of the RPM Gauge. I'm not sure how rare the bikini vinyl top is either. But with the options this thing has, along with the dictAphone, I believe the origional owner was a doctor or something along those lines. He wanted to look badass in this thing with all the racing options but at the same time have the lucturies such as the AC, vinyl top, etc. As we all know, these things ordered in bulk were nothing but bare bone cars, and if any muscle car guy from back then ordered one of these, he wouldn't want the AC or other luxuries.
Unfortunately, this car did have the build sheet but a rat or mouse made a home underneath the back seat and made some nesting out of it. I saved whatever scraps were legible. Here's the fender tag codes:

first 7 vin # RM23N1G

V8X 26 END
M21 N41 N97 R36 V21
C55 G11 G36 H51 J45 L31
V4X U A01 A87 B11 C16
GY3 M6X9 TX9 610 040964
E65 D21 RM23 N1G

Basically I'm trying to get an overall summary and outside opinions of this car.

Last edited by Pats71'; 02/14/09 05:33 PM.