Thanks for the info guys. The car is raced by the woman and no NOS for it as the parts are just not that good and I don't trust her. Lol
The motor is a basic 440, trw piston 9-1 comp pump gas, 557 lift area solid flat tappet isky cam, (Don't have the card handy), 906 heads gasket matched and blended, stock valve sizes, torquer 2 intake, 950 holley. stock stroke crank etc. The fuel pump is a magna fuel 250 I believe, it worked good when we ran 10.80's. The engine was a throw together with what I had after we dropped a valve on the good motor.
The motor made 500 hp at 5600 rpm and 496 trq on the engine dyno.
Sounds like most cases the low gear set didn't show a big enough improvement for the cost and the work involved. It sounds like the best route for me is probably to install my set of ported heads. They flow 290 @ 600 so I am sure that is a huge improvement over mine now. I just got a pair of adjustable rear shocks also to try. So between the heads, shocks, and I can reinstall the domi if needed I should be Good.
Traction didn't seem to be an issue and if it does I will get some slicks to use.
How does this sound to you guys ??? I am thinking the heads alone should get me the 11.50's easy.
Anymore suggestions would be considered. Thanks Guys for the Help and Info. David