Okay, let me make a short brief of the projects current situation.

What's most important is that it seems we have been accepted to participate in Drag Week 2017 and it seems okay that we run in the Ultimate Iron class! The hotel reservations have been made and the trip arrangements are progressing.

The new engine block arrived over a month ago. We decided to modify it for lifter oiling, and it has been at the machine shop ever since, hopefully they get it done soon. After that it must be honed for the pistons and propably the decks machined too since the Indy workmanship may have left something to desire. But that’s for the machinist to decide.

Still waiting for T&D to get the rocker arms done, surprisingly they are late… Don’t know the situation of the Jesel lifters ordered. Scott Brown at Competition Components is arranging us the parts needed.

Other than that, the engine is pretty much ready to be put together, ie all the parts exist. Or at least I think so… The old engine has been torn apart and the next thing will be washing the parts and packing them for further use. At his time only the block will be changed.

The valvetrain may need some adjustment because of the new lifters and pushrod oiling and most likely there will be other small surprises too before it’s ready.

The tubing and headers have been built, now still some finishing work and adding of the o2 sensors left, and they are ready for coating. The exhaust pipes will get done last, The 5" downpies will go into two 4" with mufflers.

Alternator and vacuum pump were installed and water manifolds were made, the oil filter will be relocated and the oil cooler added later.

The intercooler and boost tubes modified, fitted and installed.

Yesterday we went through the transmission, no surprises there, it has only been run for one summer. It's a pg using JW housing, wide band and 10 plate drum with FMX discs and ringless shaft. Pretty much has the best parts available.

We have two converters, a “tight” and a “loose”, I believe we’ll choose the tight one. It’s only a three bolt, but so far it has been enough, and of course it’s possible to convert it to 6 bolt.

The rear axle will get changed, we’ll replace the Dana with about four inch narrower “Ford 9” ” rear axle to make changing of the tires easier and to have a wider choice of gear ratios. That part of the project is still in the planning stages but will eventually get done. Now thinking wether to buy a readily fabricated cromo housing or building it ourselves, floater or not? Pro gears? etc etc.

The steel doors should also be put back together so that we’ll get the front end and doors lined up properly before readying the body for paint. the rules require stesl doors. The bumpers are already being covered with a “chrome paint”, we’ll see how it turns out.

Once the car has been painted it’s time to start figuring out the wiring, maybe and hopefully we’ll start getting the engine ready for dyno at that time too, but that’s basically not in our hands at this moment.

The very next thing to do is to design and execute the fuel cells, pump etc locations and the routing of the fuel lines to the front. I guess we’ll concentrate on that tomorrow.

That’s shortly how things lay at the moment, we’ll continue working….

BTW, I heard that maybe some of the next live broadcasts will be held in “Rallye English”, Finlands second official language! I’ll try to advertise it forehand!

[img]http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q530/jyrki6664/VIPDW9_zpsnlsfh2kr.jpg[/img]

Plynouth VIP '67 TT IC EFI