Originally Posted By Lee446
I have finally ended up with one of these notorious carbs, never had any problems with the 600 and 800's that a little tuning did not straighten out.... till now. I acquired a brand new 1411 for free. I put it on a mild 440, 240@50 cam, Holley SD intake and proceeded to tune. Big off line stumble, the distributor needed more initial and a curve anyway, so I bought the plate kit from FBO that allows you to limit total timing in the older MP dist, without having to play the braze up the slot and file game. This thing is great and this particular engine is very happy with 20* initial, 34 total, and using the vac advance adjusted to add 10 at idle on the full time vac port as recommended by FBO. Before I got the plate , I had tried the .043 squirter,HP orange(marine) acc pump plunger, and played with the jet metering rod combos until its infamous off line bog was almost gone, but not quite! Getting all of the timing issues squared away finished it off and made the car a joy to drive under all conditions but one. If you are at a complete stop and floor the throttle, it literally dies! You can hit the throttle briskly and smoke the tires, ease into the throttle and spin tires, but if you mat it, it dies! Pump is at max shot, passages are clear, and it will die every time if you mat it from a standing start, if you are already moving, no problem! it is like it is going massively lean. The floats are perfect, I am frustrated as the devil! I can put the tuned 1406 6oo cfm carb on it and it will come off the line sideways, same with my 800 performer, but that ****###@@ 750 has me stumped. It works great except that one situation. No bog in any other form of accelerating, just full bore from a standing start! Any ideas on this one??? Lee.

This is mine to a tee. But mine dies flat from stop or while moving, then kicks in hard. A little scary as it breaks loose and gets a little wild. Probably won't address it til springtime.