Originally Posted By Supercuda
Maybe it's just that the Ralley look of the wheels is distorted by enlarging the diameter.

I've yet to see a musclecar era rim, Rally, Magnum 500, etc, that looked good in bigger diameters. But again, it's subjective.

I tend to agree.

Not sure if it's because we are used to seeing them for all these years in 15" diameter or if they really do look odd or 'off' in larger sizes. I'm thinking it's the latter.

Looked at the Year One 17" Rallye and Magnum 500 type rims. They don't look too bad I guess if you have a 45-50 aspect ratio tire on it. I believe Year One changed their Rallye rims at some point recently by making the cut outs larger - they look more proportionate now then when they first came out, that original version was horrible.

I guess there is going to be a section of the hobby that can't get past the look of a larger wheel and are stuck in the past, me included. I might get over it at some point but it may be out of necessity when 15" tries are no longer around...

This is probably the same type of thing that happened way back when when muscle cars came on the scene. Bet a lot of the guys driving around in old Fords couldn't stand the showroom hot rods.

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500