Originally Posted By MrSixpack
Okey I´m back from the track.
We had some stock and super stock cars at the track so they had the scales out, and the Charger weight with half tank of fuel and me in it is 3986 lbs.
The first run for me and the car was a little disappointing, the carb bogged bad, so the next run I tighten up the secondary and it was a lot better.
I forgot the jets for the carb at home so I just ran it as is.

And the results are : 13.25 @ 103.2 mph 1.87 60ft

I´m really happy with that, and I know I can get it down in high 12 with just tuning/replacing the carb and working on the timing curb.

But I think I will upgrade my whole combo this winter to run in the 11 s.

This test was just to see if I would start racing again, a few years ago I got burnt out and in a bad depression, so this was really a test for ME to see if I still like racing. And I do :-)

Thanks Guy´s for all of your input and advises :-)

Your comments remind me of the first motor combo in my new Dart chassis back in 1997. Hydraulic cam, 475 cubes, 440-c heads bowl ported, 3180 lbs ran 10.37 first pass, and lean at that. I am sorry I ever messed with that combo, it was as reliable as you could ask for. Build something like it, and you can change oil and plugs once a year as your maintenance schedule and really enjoy the races! You will have a lot of fun just tuning for all it has and deadly consistency up

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky