Originally Posted By myduster360
Originally Posted By OzHemi
What is the lower control arm even from ? F body or something like that ?

No they're off a B body,,,,just not a 72 and older.

Originally Posted By jcc
Seems like a lot of effort/research/risk for not a lot of return. Reasoning being, AutoX's are normally on rather smooth surfaces, correct?, and unsprung weight is mostly about bumps, not weight transfer while cornering. Pure weight reduction, is found elsewhere a lot cheaper and easier. Now if Road Race is the goal, everything I have read indicates the OEM Vette bearings don't cut it. It you want sizzle and uniqueness, I'd head to rear with a IRS setup. twocents

So your option for "a lot cheaper and easier" solution to a forward facing steering arm that does not result in negative ackermann and retains the t-bars,,,,is what exactly?? I'm honestly open to any options really

Aluminum is just a side benefit not at all the reason to swap.
Mounting the 3.6L would be a bit easier with the steering gear and drag link out of the way. Since its a good 10" shorter than a small block, it leaves a lot of room up front for a rack.

Sorry, I thought you said you were focusing on Unsprung weight and F/R weight balance.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.