Supercuda: Nice to hear your opinion on a/f readings. I have been thinking the same thing and I know the car was more forgiving with bigger jets in it even thou the a/f would read about 1.0 richer than where I am at now. Still finky when col thou.

Robert: Forgot to answer one of your Q's: I run 20 degrees initial on manifold vacuum. Distributor is set up for that and if I remember right it will idle at 28 degrees. It will instant drop to 20 when opened up. Total is 35-36 all in by 2.500 rpm.
Car runs ok otherwise. Heavy Charger, runs 8,70 in the 1/8 mile.

Another thing I just noticed was at outside temps about 60F I parked the car for 1,5 hours after warmed and it had crisp and clean throttle respons when fired back up but got a slight bog after driving a minute before it got ok again. Thinking this points to the suggestions for a too cold intake. Like the intake stayed heated under the hood in the warm car for more than an hour but got cooled down enough to bog when the car got directly up to speed.
Going to put the bigger jet back in tonight an note the difference in driveability and a/f readings.