Originally Posted By 71rm23
Originally Posted By xyxxjx
Would locating this bolt and tightening it stop the leak? I believe the gasket is very new (a few months).

No, it won't stop the leak. I think the leak is coming from the head and coolant is seeping down to where you see it, on the collector. You'll probably have to take the bolts off from the collector and take the manifold off. Could be a cracked head is the worst thing.

First thing, how long was the car running till you noticed it smoking? It didn't do it before, that you know of? You changed the fuel pump and this just started? Then read previous comment

The stock heads were rebuilt about a month ago, new water pump, oil pump, pushrods, lifters and gaskets. This was done by someone else as my automotive skills are beginner level. I changed the fuel pump and filter myself a couple of days ago, car starts right up no weird noises and no leaks around fuel pump and filter. The car has about 30 miles since the head rebuilt and have not been pushed in anyway, slow driving. I didn't notice the leak until after the fuel pump installation. I did not touch anything over on that side of the engine. I used a finger full of grease to hold the pushrod up during fuel pump installation. The car had been running for about 2 minutes when i noticed the smoke.

Last edited by xyxxjx; 08/16/16 10:41 PM.

1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 automatic transmission. Curb weight: 3800 lbs. All stock so far. Goal: Reliable everday driveable warmed up 400 as close to 400hp as possible, then a 470 stroker if need be. Don't protect a feminist when the collapse comes!