A set of my dads old 906 Super Stock heads that we ported after he quit using them. Well I don't think we ported them. Think they were sent to Racing Head Service. Before class racing petered out locally, he was going to build a motor to run the Challenger in Modified Production. It was so dominant locally in Super Stock, they nobody would show up in his classes any more. The car was a SS/GA national record holder, so it was hard to beat on the local level. So the plan was, alum rods, ported heads, the tunnel ram, lighter pistons. Class racing dried up totally around here and he refused to bracket race. So he parked the car and the M/P motor was never finished. THAT was the motor we put in the 63.

Not gonna lie about it, I had it made as a kid. My dad had a race car when I was born, so I was brought up in that world. Both my parents had good jobs and he bought the best of the best and I got the old stuff, which was VERY good. His best friend in high school was Clayton Harris, who went on to be a Top Fuel world champion. I have sat in Clayton's lap while he did burnouts in the fuel car in his neighborhood. Grew up at the track, hanging out in Clayton's pits and my dad racing the super stocker. Was the same age as Billy Glidden, John Muldowney, Kurt Johnson and others. Well, me, Billy and Kurt are same age, John was the old guy....LOL!!! We terrorized the pits together......LOL!!! My dad could do anything. He built his own motors, trans, rears and painted the cars. Had keys to local machine shop and did his own machine work after hours. I still have his old Kwik-Way valve machine, Sunnen hone and a bunch of other cool stuff.

Here is a pic of one of Clayton's championship cars

Clayton.jpgClayton 2.jpg
Last edited by Monte_Smith; 08/15/16 04:38 AM.