Quote:

Quicktree has a Dana in one of his own cars , did he finally see the light or just gone broke buying them good nine inch Ford racing rear end parts Tell me it isn't so Bro I'm glad you seen and heard the light, go to the light (I wonder how long this post will last this time )

it's all good cab, but it's funny you mentioned it again because when I was measuring the studs to drill the rotor hats I heard a noise in the dana. this car was built many years ago and the guy didn't put any gear oil in the dana, when I pulled the cover there was lots of rust. I cleaned it up the best I could. the bearings had what looked like surface rust. after cleaning I filled it with regular oil and put the cover back on. it turned free, I was messing with it last night and heard a clunk, now it stops like something is stuck in the gears. so I guess I'll pull the cover back off and see whats up. I guess I am the only person on earth that can destroy a dana and never leave the garage you can bet if there is some kind of damage from the rust that will reqire a lot of money I will replace the dana with an aftermarket 9" based race rear. not another old ford truck part.....