So my car was kind of clackity. been that way for a few months. maybe even since the last time i adjusted the valves back in august or so. who knows. its was a while ago. I just remember always wondering about the clack. especially on the 100 mile drive to the track last summer and in the fall.

So yesterday i go and check the lash. (this is on my 416 sb btw). it has the stock TA rockers that were rebuilt and bushed by RAS and the heavy duty banana groove shafts from RAS

ALL of the intakes on the passenger side are at about .040 (between .038 and .042). the exhausts were all good at about .020-.023. the intakes on the drivers side were good excpt for 1 which was also out iirc (my numbers are back at the shop)

I was supposed to have adjusted the intakes to .018.

Sooooo, Did I just screw up and have the feeler gauge doubled up (a .018 and a /019 stuck together)?

Are my adjusters loosening? the number of threads showing on the TOP of the rockers (above the adjusters lock nut) were about 3 threads (I have pics I can post tonight) whereas the numbers of threads shown on the tops of the rockers that were close to right (around .020) were none on the exhaust and about 1 on the intakes). the lock nuts were all tight.

or is my cam dying?

Im thinking I just screwed up and just adjusted them wrong. I remember it was about 100 degrees out the day I adjusted them and I was sticky and sweaty and irritated because of the heat.