In the past week

What I did the first time with my Mancini Billet Retainer

Installed both half seals parellell or flush with the block . No black rtv on the sides of billet retainer , I would of thought that was the purpose of the o-rings , you know to seal the sides . Anyways

A dab of black rtv on top where the o-rings slide into the small holes and then wrap over the sides

Used the alignment pins supplied , had everything in place . Torqued down the bolts to 30 ft #

Used superformance gaskets on new 402 oil pan and factory wind age tray

THE REAR MAIN SEAL LEAKED WORSE THEN THE ONE IT REPLACED , Ugly Even Just At Idle

So a few days later , everything apart again

This time , Clocked the rear seal halves at 12 and 6 on advice of my engine builder

Then I took the billet retainer dry , and slid it down the alignment pins to see where the seal halves would align in relation to the billet retainer , remember seals clocked at 12 and 6 , seal lips facing towards the front of engine

Everything looked very nice

Kept and still used the o-rings in place , however a nice swipe of black rtv down the sides of billet retainer over the o-rings , and again a small amount of rtv on those corners. And yes , some rtv got swiped off when sliding down the retainer against the block over alignment pins

Just make sure those o-rings get started nice and even on both sides without getting pinched
The black rtv will actually act like a lube when sliding up the retainer , went together flawless

Another word of advice , make sure everything is very very very clean and oil free where the black rtv is used . Block and retainer

Used a little oil where the actual seal contacts the crank

Did not use rtv or anaerobic sealer on the actual seal ends themselves or where the seal halves sit inside the billet retainer

Waited 24 hours , fingers crossed , fired it up and waited and waited and waited

Two days of back and forth to Iola WI

Honestly not one single drop , drip , smear or smudge

SWEET !!!

Last edited by bee1971; 07/08/16 11:31 PM.

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies