Quote:

Well I swapped out the ECU for one that was in a running Duster that I've got. No go on that one either. The thing that freaked me out is I realized that when I turn the key off from the start position, the motor reverses it's rotation a small amount and pushes air out of the carburetor.

What the heck is going on with my car

You did not say if you have a spark yet with the substitute ECU. I forgot to include coil as another possible culprit. To trouble shoot the coil, disconnect the wires going to the negative terminal of the coil. Hook a piece of wire long enough to get to a good ground. Pull the high tension wire that comes from the coil out of the distributor. Place the wire within a half inch of a ground. Take the wire from the negative terminal and tap it to ground. It should develop enough voltage to produce a spark on the coil secondary.
Or take the coil out of the donor car you got the ECU from and swap it out. If the coil is working, and the ECU is known to be good, then the problem is in the pickup in the distributor.
Craig

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado