The old comp cam 255 at 050 540 on a 106--catalog cam been selling it forever--that baby WORKS in a 340-360 engine with that CI I would install around 103 It also sounds plain Wicked---you ain't gonna have a problem with anything--slap it in and go--you have the gear for it and yes...if you were bracket racing more compression would be better--everyone wants a jet fighter on paper( everything scienced out to the max per conventional wisdom) when a hang glider will give you great views and lots of thrills and is just past a paper airplane from tech point of view--picking that perfect cam is an urban myth--don't let the scientist mess up your plan--you want wicked sound and a car that can truly be called a hot rod--just about any solid will fill that bill Have fun ! I ran 6.91 in 1/8th with heads that flowed way less than yours on a MP 360 crate shortblock and the Comp I mentioned and it had a RPM dual plane--it liked 6400 shift point and pulled hard to about 6600 after that it was done but by then I was sailing!

Last edited by crabman173; 06/18/16 09:52 PM.