I replaced the master cylinderr and all 4 wheel cylinders. My buddy Mark (GY3 here on moparts) was nice enough to rebuild the carburetor for me. He found that it was clean with new gaskets (30 years old but never used) and that the two needles had different diameters and were reversed so the plungers were bound up and didn't work at all. Mark is guessing that the carb was rebuilt and wouldn't run so that's why it was parked! Swapping those different diameter needles may have been the reason for the car being so well preserved!!

I started the car up and it ran nicely but it ran hot so I pulled the radiator and took it to a local shop. The radiator was plugged and had multiple leaks so I had it recored by a local radiator shop. Good radiator sops are getting hard to find, but this was a father and son that are pretty old school. The only thing I didn't like was that they use a glossy black radiator paint so I told them just to leave it unpainted. I ordered some satin radiator paint from Eastwood's and sprayed it yesterday in the back yard. I replaced the water pump and thermostat while I was at it.

Last edited by 70B5Cuda; 02/25/18 03:57 PM.

1970 Barracuda B5 6.1 Hemi/6 speed
1969 Charger survivor in R6 383/727-wrecked 12/24/18
1968 Charger in original burgundy paint "Ribeye"
1968 Charger w/ 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Roadrunner w/ 6.1L/6 speed
2011 Dodge Ram w/ 6.7L