This 69 Charger was originally from my hometown of Newton, Kansas. The 2nd owner bought it in 1978 and drove it to high school and college and even took it on his honeymoon to Colorado. He took it off the road in 1985 and parked it as his parents house in a tiny town of about 300 people which is 12 miles east of me. It sat there, stored inside, for 20 years. The owner then began leasing a building for work and moved the car there for the next 10 years. I asked my father in law (who lived in the tiny town) if there were any cool old Dodge/Mopar cars. He thought there was a red Dodge Charger parked in a chicken coop but he hadn't seen the car in years. Since my father in law is not a car guy I was incredulous but I got the owners name and tracked him down. I stopped by the owner's house (now in Wichita, Ks) and the owner's wife answered the door. I said, "I'm sure the car is long gone, but my father in law said you used to have a red Dodge Charger but he had't seen it in 15 years. Is there any chance you still have it?" She said, "We just moved it into our garage. Would you like to see it? It was so cool to see! The owner was at work and we spoke on the phone several times. He was torn about what to do with it as far as restoration but he was adamant he was going to keep it since he'd owned it for 38 years. I told him not to repaint the car because the paint was quite nice. I told him to just rebuild the brakes and suspension and enjoy it as is. I told him that if he was ever interested in selling to please call me. 6 months later I see that he has viewed my profile on LinkedIn and he requested to connect on the site. I accepted and the next day I get an email through Linked In. He had lost my number but he might be interested in selling. We made an arrangement to meet on Saturday. I showed up with cash and a trailer and was again blown away with the condition of the car. It is VERY original. It has its original 383 that has never been out of the car. The 727 has been rebuilt. The interior is all original except for 2 things. The carpet was replaced and when the instrument panel clock broke, he replaced it with a tach. The body has door dings but it is 90-95% original paint!! The dutchman's panel showed a little rust at the corners in the early 80's so he had the corners leaded in and only the dutchman's panel was repainted. He also had a dent on the leading edge of the hood that was worked out, and then paint was spotted in. It has 110K miles but it looks like 50K. The headliner is in great shape and the entire trunk floor is still R6 red!!!!

More pictures soon, but here are a few....

Last edited by 70B5Cuda; 02/25/18 03:45 PM.

1970 Barracuda B5 6.1 Hemi/6 speed
1969 Charger survivor in R6 383/727-wrecked 12/24/18
1968 Charger in original burgundy paint "Ribeye"
1968 Charger w/ 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Roadrunner w/ 6.1L/6 speed
2011 Dodge Ram w/ 6.7L