Wednesday:

Although the Fling starts on a Thursday morning at Willow Springs, for some of us the festivities started on Wednesday afternoon. I arrived "late" at the track at about 4:00 pm where I was greeted with food fresh off the "Barbie." Everyone knows food is the best way to gain any man's trust, so it was off to look at the cars and talk with the people.

I had the opportunity of greeting some old friends I haven't seen since the year prior and it was a great way of catching up. There were also some members, who I've talked to frequently online, yet never met in person. For whatever reason, I never had a shocking moment putting a name to a Moparts username.
So, after the BS concluded, those who had vehicles out were invited to take their cars out for a photo shoot. First we oriented the cars at the starting line just to get a glimpse of what Thursday morning might be like. Then Tim (alltime), the coordinator of this event, had the great idea to orient the cars in a formation similar to that of a peacock spreading it's quills. Through much BS and many of incremental adjustments taking as much as 5 minutes per car, we finally got the shot we had been looking for. (Note: One of these is not like the others)

To end the photo shoot, we all paraded up the track to turn 4 and took our last couple pictures as the sun started to set.

As night was upon us, it was story time. We all huddled up in a circle around Bob Tarozzi and an arsenal of Chrylser Race Engineers from the early 60's and on. I apologize in advance, I forgot the names of the other two engineers. It was an awesome and informative Q&A session where we talked about all kinds of stories such as NASCAR and the Wing Cars, T/A's and road racing, the K-cars saving Chrysler, and where the automotive market is heading today. I wish I had recorded the conversations or at least gotten a couple photos of the group, but it was just one of those moments where you had to sit back, relax, and absorb what's going on.

Photos from Wednesday - http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/muumuu101/library/Spring%20Fling%202016/Wednesday