Hey all.

First time rebuilding an engine and I am doing it on an extremely tight budget. Years ago I purchased a 66 Coronet body and a 426 street wedge from a yard and just now have the garage to work on them. I’m focusing on getting the engine running, not for drag or top performance, just running to ride/play with. The engine was purchased dis-assembled with most of the major parts included (block, heads, intake and exhaust manifold, old Holley carb, crank, cams, pistons, timing chain, old distributor...). I’m in the process of cleaning the engine and checking for cracks/wear&tear and am not planning on getting anything milled/honed/bored. I will be getting new gaskets and all new bolts to be on the safe side. Looking over the pistons I noticed two of them are cracked with chunks of metal missing between the piston rings and are surely not usable.

So my question is, can I purchase only two stand alone pistons to match the set I already have and if so, where do I look? I know purchasing a whole new set of pistons is pricey and a mis-matched set can throw everything off from balance to head spacing. All the connecting rods and bearings appear to be good. The cast number on the piston reads “2465533”. Cast number on the block is "2532230" and the cast number on the head is "2843906".

Thanks in advance.