Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Originally Posted By Sport440
Originally Posted By WHITEDART
3080 lb power glide with the set of Brett Miller baby 8s

That is flying, Congrats. :-}

But what is a set of Brett Miller baby 8,s

Also agree that the DA isn't great compared to around here. Witch makes your run even more impressive.
my W8 were an odd ball set. I was not 100% on what they were originally built 4.but when I got them they were set up with a fresh set of titanium 2.15 intake valves.which is about the smallest that I have heard of most commonly they would use 2.18---- 2.25 Brett has a really big port that goes into these heads. But it would have require me to buy another set of intake valves which I didn't want to do at the time. What I will tell you Bretts cylinder heads make killer horsepower and carry really well and you don't have to turn them to the moon.....thanks again Brett

Correction. Many W8's made big hp. Patterson, Eatman, Davis all who used CFE. Brett's heads make torque. It takes torque to make hp. With a given torque # the higher the rpm you can hold most of it the more hp you make. When an engine makes big torque leading to hp at a lower rpm it runs better et.

Example two cars. One makes 900hp at 9k with only making a tic over 600ft. Lbs.at 7,600. Another car same converter weight everything that makes 10 lbs more torque and nets the same hp at 8,500 will run faster. You need torque or you will be in a terrible search to find that perfect converter. For most of us on a budget unobtainable.

You find some 60ft. and she'll fly. Your rear half is a challenge. My lack of torque wazeka mine.

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.