Post 200869 above..I've had it saved on my iPad for quite some time. However for easier reference, I just printed it out. 8 pages printed both sides equals 4 sheets of paper. Also bought the rear carb tuning tool.

Very pleased with performance of six pack on my 512 engine.

However a couple of years ago, had a throttle sticking issue that drove me nuts,,,,even caused me to throw a PS belt the first time it occurred at full throttle. As there was traffic ahead, I had shoved in the clutch before turning off ignition switch. Engine likely hit valve float range before getting it shutdown. When starting car and driving off, no PS. Looked under the hood, no belt. Took me a couple trips up and down the street,,,couple blocks,,,before spotting in gutter.

Spent a lot of time trying to figure why was sticking open. Checking linkages, springs, vacuum hoses etc. Happened several times,,,learned to turn off switch really fast before clutching it. Talk off paranoia, I would not even consider smashing the throttle unless I had an empty mile in front of me.

Posted issue on this forum to no success.

Finally found the problem. Accelerator pedal pivots as a teeter totter. If when stepping on it hard and my toe caused the bottom of the pedal to hit the floor first,,,it would 'catch' on one of the 'ribs' of the floormat's heel pad. Trimmed it off a bit and all is well.

Shades of Toyota and their runaway Prius's.

I now have my MSD set to a 6,200 max rpm.