Originally Posted By RapidRobert
those 273 manis have a 1&7/8 outlet and are very restricted (but they DO fit like a glove!). I used 340 manis on a manual steering & shortened the steering coupler slightly to clear. To do it again I would investigate useing the shorter PS inner shaft (5 minute swap) and seeing if the firmfeel adapter shaft is the right length to make up the difference (& slide right past the mani). EDIT for duals cut/weld a scallop on the other side of the trans crossmember so the new dual ex pipe tucks up there neatly (just fab the scallop so it is the same on both sides)

As noted in the first post, I'm not making changes to my exhaust manifolds. I recognize the limitations they have. But, I would like to get some cam recommendations to bump up performance a bit given my plans.

Thanks for the recommendation on the carb. I actually do have a Holley 1406 (bought before Edelbrock took them over). But, that is 600 CFM. I was worried that would be on the higher end of acceptable and it sounds like it is.

1966 Barracuda 1968 Barracuda convertible 1930 Ford Model A (soon to be hemi equipped) 2006 Dodge 3500 4X4 CTD Quad Cab