Originally Posted By RS23U1G
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Don't think because you have a Mopar, you need to go to a Mopar "guy", that is ridiculous, plus limits your options

And here comes the 'Brand X' intervention...

Again...

Insulting the Mopar world...

Again...

On a MOPAR website...

Wow!

I've been a Mopar guy for as long as I can remember. I used to get verbally beat down daily in high school by the Chevy and Ford guys, unless they were fighting with each other.

For many years I thought the same way you do, and then I got experience as a production CNC machinist, and suddenly I realized that the brand doesn't matter. Whether it is a chunk of 1018 steel or 4340, it is still machined to a spec. The same thing applies to an engine. Monty is spot on.

Since I'm a Mopar guy, I guess I can't properly build a GM or Ford motor......wanna bet. I can and do build everything, because as much as I'd like to do just Mopar, it simply doesn't pay the bills. I specialize in the Mopar valvetrain, but I just did a Chevy 383 that needed pushrods so long that many Chevy engine builders would argue they are too long, but I know it's right because I understand the valvetrain. Hence, the Mopar guy is building a better Chevy engine than many Chevy builders would.

Who would've guessed?

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.