Originally Posted By magnum440d100
DHere's one for you muumuu. If I was in the market, this would be MINE! 1975 d100

FWIW, I'm about to drive my 74 power wagon to Salt Lake City Utah in a few days. I don't mind the ride at all. Even a friend mentioned how solid it felt going over a huge dip. The truck just stuck to the road.

Why would you tempt me with a vehicle that pretty much fit my initial criteria located 2-3 miles away from me? The only things I'm not too fond of is the long bed (although probably better for towing) and lack of a tailgate. If the bench seat is good underneath the towel, I would keep it, otherwise I'd figure out a way to adapt the buckets that were in my Dart. But, I can't get it right now as I don't have a place to put it and I am awaiting the arrival of my Dart.

The thing about the old trucks, after learning from my Dart, is that I'd want to go through it completely before putting it to road work. So knowing me I'd want to replace/fix almost everything. Rotors/drums, pads/shoes, bearings, bushings, ball joints, shocks, springs, radiator, wheels and tires, steering box, etc. So, what was a $3k truck just now became an $8k investment. Although that truck would have probably ended up with the top end (ported J heads, M1 intake, 750 blow thru carb, and Paxton Supercharger) from the 360 I bought since I decided to stroke it.

Last edited by MuuMuu101; 01/02/16 06:19 AM.