Originally Posted By magnum440d100
Regular cabs are fine if it's an automatic 2wd. 4 speed and 4wd, the center passenger gets uncomfortable. Plus when you have a regular cab, and have custom reclining seats, you can't recline them. Half the reason I put the bench into the 4x4 is because I like to go randomly camping. Did it in my 73 where I would just follow a trail as far back as I could go, and park. Spend the night, then go home. Just enjoying the solitude. With my 4x4, I can get to farther back places.

When I first started driving the 74 power wagon, I thought it rode rough. After driving it, it feels comfortable for what it is. I rode in my friends brand new Prius (only has 2500 miles) and after a short drive (~20 miles) my back was killing me. Hopped in my 3/4 ton 4x4 and my back felt great.

Take a few on test drives if you can, so that you know what will work for YOU an not what works for others. I like the crudeness of the 70's trucks. Others freak out at every squeak and wind noise.

My Dart had a lot of squeaks and wind noise so it won't freak me out. What I'm worried most about is after a 3-5 hour drive to Vegas or something if I'd be beaten up from the trip. Whereas, a newer truck may have a more comfortable suspension and cruise control (something that may become more of a necessity on long trips with my knee issues).