ok bringing this back, finished the rebuild, 1st and second are there, but when it shifts to 3rd it acts like its in neutral, and slips with almost no engagement, and rather then smoke check the trans or my feet, i just shift it back to second and drive back to the house ( i am only driving down the service road near the house, no open street yets). Now i have double checked the fluid, its to the top of the fill line in neutral and warm, so were good there, I actually thought about adding an additional quart just to see the what if, but i don't know this crap is frustrating as hell. I am wondering should there be some freedom of movement of the bands both front and rear, ie not touching the drum all the way around ? i am getting ready to drop the pan and swap a known good valve body from my 904 that was behind my boosted slant with a TF-2 kit, now the reason i ask the question is when i pulled the valve body off, i noticed the bands were kinda loose, but that car never missed a shift, and held like a champ behind 22lbs of boosted slanted goodness. so should there be a bit of free play ?

Also its weird some times when i put it in reverse, the best way i can describe it is rubbing your fingers on a ballon, you know that weird squeaaak sound it makes ? yea kinda sounds like that, but its only for an instant once its put in reverse, so another reason i think it might be something with the bands

I really hope its just a valve body issue, if its internal and i got to pull it again and it requires more $$$$ to fix, then i will drive it with 2 gears till tax return and swap it to a 6-spd T-56 and be done with it,

-Mike

The answers are out there you just got to look hard enough