Originally Posted By Tomswheels
Originally Posted By Frankenduster
Originally Posted By dangina

Selling the car because a sponsor wants him to drive a brand X car?
That sucks ass. Sounds like a politician that only says what his donors want him to say. Terrible.
A man should be able to do what he wants without being controlled by outside influences.

Hey Samy...You are not alone. There are guys out there that may not be Moparts or FABO members. AutoXcuda is still active, right?

Really what it comes down to for next year is my friend/painter/bodyman/shop owner George Reiss of Reiss Restoration wants to use me as a driver next year to try and promote his business, which is unfortunately 90% Chevy owners. Now nobody has ever offered to pay for ANY of my racing endevours before, so it's hard to turn down.

Bingo! When I had the chance to get back in to rounder-rounders with an acquaintance who wanted me to wheel his Nova, it didn't take long for me to agree. After that ended and I had another opportunity to drive on someone else's dime in Fords (Pintos no less) I jumped on that one too. When they decided to evolve their program into Ford chassis and powered modifieds, I followed them there too. Learn a lot about the differences between the big three in those years.

Would I have preferred to have driven a Mopar, absolutely. But in my corner of the world, the sole Mopar owner out there willing to do that was not going to bump their son-in-law out of a ride just because I wanted it, despite my Mopar background that most everyone around there knew about. Could I have been faster than him, maybe, but we'll never know.

Now I have my Mopar that I wrench on when time and funds allow. Maybe some day it will be done enough to show up in some CAM races. If the chance comes up to drive for someone else again in something else, I sure might consider it.