What moparx is referring to is a Uti from down under. Think old car Elcamino.I've seen pictures of them, it would be pretty cool, but then you need to hack up a coupe. Trucks are easier to find (but not much).

The Dodge truck from 39-47 use the same cab (pickup up to standard semi tractor). In these trucks, the seat you are using makes a huge difference in the room inside. if the seat sits upright, like a rear seat from a minivan, and will fit under the rear window structure (no high backs or head rests), you will have a lot more room then if you have a modern seat that has the high back with headrest that is reclined. A tilt steering wheel will also help a bunch. I'm 6'1" and in the 260 range (with a pretty big overhang above the belt). I've sat in a 40s Ford pickup (the same size as a Dodge) with a minivan seat and it actually was quite comfortable.

I actually have a 47 Dodge truck cab sitting here. I looked at extending the cab on mine 3-4" behind the door, it would be a metal working challenge. Going more, like around 8" (so I could add a quarter window) would be a lot more challenging, the roof is the issue on both counts. The roof is a large multi curved piece of metal (there is no place even close to flat on it) that keeping the crown looking right would make or break the truck's appearance. I would think you would need nearly a whole roof (so you can choose the best point to cut & splice onto the trucks original roof), and probably a set of doors to cut up to make the extended cab look right. Probably not a good option for an inexperienced metal worker. Gene