Originally Posted By moparx
and then the question comes up, is it maybe in your better interests to just save a bit more and buy something that is done or close to it, then finishing it to your tastes. most times, completed vehicles can be bought for pennies on the dollar for various reasons. learning skills can take a lifetime, and, without sounding crass, still doesn't mean someone's skills are good enough to pull off a good conversion or customization. same thing with tools. it can take a very long time to collect enough of the right tools including welders and metal working items, but that still doesn't mean a guy can use those tools correctly. some guys can do an amazing job of building a riddler award contender with nothing more than a few simple metal working tools and a welder, while some guys can have hundreds of the best tools money can buy and just succeed in tearing a car apart and never finish anything. just some things to think about before starting a project.
beer

Well, I have been building muscle cars for years and thats obviously easier. I have had a 38 and 32 plymouth and can do simple panel replacements. I am no great mechanic either so I see your point. If I found a decent project with some mods completed I may consider it. But Im retired and own a plasma cutter and a welder so Im now dangerous and for me staying busy and creating your own project is the fun part. I had 15 miles on my completed cuda vert because sitting at shows does nothing for me. I like being in the shop with my collectables and music just working and dreaming.

RUMBLON