Originally Posted By lewtot184
Originally Posted By JohnRR
The biggest problem with an Ebrock in a single, NON TUNNEL RAM application is heat soak , even with the heat riser blocked , the crap fuel we have today will literally boil off while you are driving it.
john, i haven't found any difference between a holley or afb when it comes to heat soak. on my junk they both have/had heat soak issues. the only solution i found for either carb was a fiber insulator gasket, and winter blend fuel really ups the tune-up misery factor for either carb.

In my limited experience is with 2 different cars, 2 different motors, but both in the same area and both with alum manifolds, and the heat riser blocked using the same type fuel ... both cars run stock iron exhaust manifolds.

The car running a 30 yr old Holley DP with the big air grabbber air cleaner and no spacer of any kind under it has no heat soak problems after two summers, ambient temp has not been a factor and no hard restart after getting the jetting close?????

The other car with a new thunder 800 and a stock dual snorkel air cleaner got hot to the point it wouldn't idle at a stop light without stalling and was hard to restart.

I really thought the Holley would have the same issues and was shocked it didn't.

running up my post count some more .