Originally Posted By preddy
Originally Posted By Hot 340
I'm Not familiar at all with them. Never hear much about them either. Do they hurt power? Hard to tune?

I can relate. I've been a Holley guy for a long time and recently was forced to live with Edelbrocks. My FHO Hemi has two Edelbrock 1805 Thunder Series 650 CFM carbs. These are designed for single carb applications not dual so they can dump a lot of fuel and had been leaned out considerably. So recently, I was driving it on the street and it being Fall, the air is really good around here and I when I stepped on it, I could feel the engine lean out and pop. I have a wide band O2 sensor and could also see it leaning out. I knew I was planning on running it at the Nostalgia Drags at Capitol on Saturday and knew I needed to fatten up the carbs. It was a piece of cake. I changed the front metering rods. Think of these like restricting the front jets so they control how much fuel the jets allow. The secondary jets are simple to replace. Just take the top off. It's about the same level of effort as taking the bowls off a Holley except you only have 1 fuel inlet to disconnect instead of 2 and, you need to disconnect the accelerator pump - it's easy with one clip. You can leave the fuel in the bowl while you do it. I changed the secondary jets from .086 to .092 and went to slightly smaller metering rods in the primaries - Tim Banning's suggestions . They allow more fuel through. The only thing that made it harder was the fact that I had 2 carbs to deal with.

So I took it to the track on Saturday. I had no idea how the Edelbrocks would feel. I had no idea how they would perform and if I had the jetting right. I was rewarded with a second pass of 10.03 @ 134 and 1.37 60's. I'm pretty sure I could have run some nines if I had time to experiment with them. Those carbs worked great. Zero issues. The car was deadly consistent. I'm a believer now...

http://www.tdspeedshotz.com/wp-content/g...015-CR-1225.jpg

http://www.tdspeedshotz.com/wp-content/g...015-CR-1419.jpg

You better update your signature! How big is that Hemi?