Originally Posted By BigMoneyLewis
The problem I see with any restoration guide is that , what may be true for Lynch Rd on April 12th 1969 , may not be true for Hamtramck on May 4th 1970 . Assembly line procedures differed from plant to plant , and from day to day in some cases. The correct way to detail a particular part or sub assembly for a 1970 Windsor Ontario Canada built car may be diffrent than the way they did it in Los Angeles, or St. Louis . And they way they did it in January , could be diffrent than the way it was done in May .
Their will never be a "restoration guide" that can be used 100 % .
Your best way to go is to research cars built at the same plant , during the same time period . You have to look at original unrestored survivors , or OE Gold quality restos from guys like Roger Gibson etc . A P/S bracket for a saginaw pump and a federal pump may be detailed diffrently . Their are Soooo many variables to consider when attempting to restore a car correctly. You just about have to do your research specifically on that car, from that plant , that week , and heavily document YOUR car as you dissassemble it , and replicate what you have found (assuming it is an unmolested example)
Just my opinion.

Greg
You are assuming all of that wasn't taken into account? I agree with you but every one of these cars had many things that were common and this book helps you do those things. You always duplicate what you find on your original car! Wow so much of what you said I agree with and you are ASSUMING this book does not take that into consideration????

69 Road Runner vert
69 GTX hard top
70 Road Runner 4 speed
70 Hemi Cuda vert