I get you SW and how you are defining "priority". It makes sense. Just pointing out that what we are calling priority is not the same as what the "other" brands are calling it, since their stuff has the oil go directly to the mains and then to the cam. In reality, an old engineering friend told me that since the sytem is always "loaded" once pressure occurs, it really makes no difference that the oil has to go up the block, turn horizontal, move forward and then turn 90*'s down to get to the mains. If you skipped all that, you would have a few less 90's in the system.

I'm not sure, but if I were going to do pushrod oiling that it might not be better to tube the passenger side and restrict the drivers side some. I would think that drilling a small .080 hole in the tube (maybe even as small as .0625) would help control the leaks around the lifters. If the bores were bushed, you could do the same to both sides.

I was stunned by how much oil leaks past the lifters. At 45 lbs of pressure they leak like a sieve. I didn't have a very good testing method but just turning the engine at cranking speed made the leaks even worse. The tube or bushing them dried it up by about 75%.

That's why I get uptight about oil control in these things. If you actually saw how much got past the liftes more guys would be trying to dry it up (I would think...but maybe not).

And you are correct about the OE engineering and RPM's. The small amount of degrees the oil timing is off has ZERO effect on performance until you to 6000-6500. After that, full groove mains are a MUST (although I know some who don't use them and get lucky...it's not a chevvie). at 7500 you need to make sure the pickup have enough area (most don't). At about 8200 the oiling timing issue must be addressed. I know guys who paid to have it fixed in the crank, but those had some issues. If you want reliable oiling over 8000 you have to correct the oil timing or you will kill number 3 and 4 rod bearings. If you fix it, they will go to 10,000 plus.

That of course, is not considering valve train issues.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston