Originally Posted By mopar dave
i disagree with one thing moper, the lifter bodies are oiled by the main oil galley their setting in, thats why i'm afraid of shutting the oil off. dont want a stuck lifter. another thing i was thinking of is when people tube the right galley, they drill a small hole in the tube at each lifter for oil. if i plug the left galley i'm shutting off all the oil to that lifter bank.

No problem. You're the builder so d what you feel is appropriate. When I run a solid roller I always bush the bores. When I bush a lifter bore on a street rather than race engine I add a small hole in the bushing to make sure the body gets oil during idle times when there's not a lot of drainback or splash. Many other builders don't. IMO on a racing engine this is not necesary. That's because there is very little need for oil on the lifter body beyond what's running past and being flung around. So yes - the bodies are oiled by the galleys. But no - it's not necessary and in terms of oil control and keeping it where it's really needed (bearings) that type of oiling is a liability.
There are many ways to skin the same cat here, and some that wouldn't worry about it anyway.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.