WOW! Thank you guys for all the kind words!!

And yes this car always ran good and was always fast when raced in good air. It was a very simple combination and worked very well, but to go faster…This one makes 125 hp over the old one. Both on the same Barton Dyno. Ray knows Hemi's!!!

Believe it or not these were the first 2 passes that this engine has gone a to b without an issue. I ran 2 different sets of carbs back and forth trying to eliminate a mild stumble when the converter grabbed the engine. Biggest problem was time or lack of it. Accumulate enough data and notes and you learn….

Right now hoping the Keystones doesn't rain out and affect the Dutch. Hopefully I'll be there and put the record where it will expire before being touched again!!

And as far as the AH car, Lets just say that not only is this red '70 my true passion, but it gets real jealous every time I attempt to work on the AH car. This winter it will get painted, but again, not enough hrs in a day. Any extra time I had between testing this year was spent working on the '70. And it finally is beginning to show!!!

Breaking the 8 second barrier may not mean a whole lot to some, but for me it was a goal ever since I started building this car. The AH cars may be the kings of the race Hemis, but I love the Street Hemi in the B and E bodied cars!!

SS/DA 1924