Originally Posted By autoxcuda
This was a weird one.

Might be been from old age or just a fluke. But someone pointed out chroming can make the steel brittle. Running at speed put a lot more vibrations and stress on about everything.

Evan had the can on his power steering come off right above where it's soldered/fusion welded/?? on. The weld didn't fail if you look closely, it was the metal right above the weld.

Thought I would update everyone on what I did to ensure this wont happen again. I bought a type 2 pump from Tuff Stuff, a tank from Canton Racing and a pulley and flow regulator from Turn One. I made up some aluminum brackets got things to line up and had some hoses made up, added a tube type cooler, cut down the tank and installed the adjustable flow control valve. So far with the setting on the flow control valve on low it feels pretty good. I haven't beat on it too hard yet but the fluid temp is well below the old set up. As an added bonus this set up, brackets, pump cooler and hoses weigh 6 pounds less then the old Saginaw pump and hoses with out a cooler. Wanted to post pictures but cant figure that out!! Dam
[*]