here's my combo. 70 340 Cuda, 727, 3000 stall, 3.73 gears, mopar 484 cam, MSD Ignition, 12*initial, 30* total timing all in by 2500. recent tune up including fuel filter, 5/16 fuel lines new

Car has developed a hesitation under hard accelaration around 4200 RPM, Falls flat, no backfiring or anything just cuts out, let off the gas to allow it to "catch up" and it takes off from there to my self imposed 5500 red line. Symptoms get worse as motor gets more and more warmed up.

I found the accelarator pump to be a little weak so I changed it and replaced fuel pump with new carter mechanical pump for good measure. while carb apart for acc. pump change, I cleaned and blew out all the passages and checked the float level, 7/16 and 1" per manual blew through fuel inlet while operating floats to confirm needle and seats working, everything checks ok. once assembled, car ran like a bat outta he..

Cut to one week later, hesitation comes back. I look at acc pump shot and it's weak again like ther's too little fuel in the bowls. getting broken stream. I've been through 2 differnt tanks of gas, checked and rechecked ignition. I'm tempted to raise floats to allow more fuel in bowls but I know the float range is within spec. I borrowed a friends 750 demon carb and while it was jetted a little rich for my combo, it cured my ills so I know it's in my carb.

I guess my question is why is my acc pump shot so weak and how high can I go with the fuel level in the bowls before flodding? I think the acc pump is good, (1 week installed new edelbrock), just starving so where is the fuel going or not going.

Thanks