Either will fit! We are Stude guys and 67-72 Chevy truck guys here lol. We recently parted a 53 Stude with a 413 and have had Stude's with BBC's between my father and I we have parted 8 or 9 53-61 Stude CK body style Studebakers but now its time to build mine. My father has a sweet rust free 53 and a 33 that plans are blown Hemi.
I'm not on that level lol. I'm a poor 43 year old. I do all my own work in my fathers shop. My car originally came as a 6 cyl, but all suspension will be upgraded DB, rack and pinion. I usually go BBC in everything I build I have never ran a 440 before. I guess I wanted to know is it honesty a better motor? a small block will NEVER happen..if it does it will be a 6.0 LS basically a BBC needs a set of headers, intake, to wake up. Quadrajet is a awesome carb if it works right. I heard thermoquad is the same way. Is a 440 the same a set of headers, intake really make a difference? I know the compression ratio is low on this motor. I am don't mind adding a bumpstick, but don't want to swap pistons. Maybe drop on a set of heads? What about different thickness head gaskets, I read something about that on another forum.
Pictures, of my car? Its still a pile of bolts!